Lee County Offices are **CLOSED** to the public due to COVID-19 and public health concerns
POINT OF CONTACT FOR MEDIA ONLY
Lee County Emergency Management Coordinator Steve Cirinna
FROM: Lee County Supervisors
DATE: March 17, 2020 at 1 P.M.
NEWS RELEASE—FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
Effective today, March 17, 2020 at 4:30 p.m. until Monday, April 13, 2020, due to COVID-19 and public health concerns, all Lee County offices listed below are closed to the public. It is our intent to continue essential public services. The Lee County Board of Supervisors recommend suspending all public gatherings at this time. Drop boxes are available at the entrance to the North Lee County Office Building. Make sure you have current contact information attached with current phone number. If you have questions, you may contact the corresponding offices.
- Board of Supervisors: PO Box 190 Fort Madison Ph. 319-372-6557 Fax 319-372-7033
Tax Abatement Form/Fireworks Display Application/Application for County Board or Commission/Tax Suspension Form by mail, fax or email
Board of Supervisor meetings will be held via Go to Meeting during this time. Link to meeting will be provided prior to each meeting.
- Auditor’s Office: PO Box 190 Fort Madison Ph. 319-372-3705 Fax 319-372-7033
Suspending Passport Services
Voter Registration/ Absentee Requests/ Candidate Filing/ Budget Submission by mail, fax or email
- Treasurer’s Office: PO Box 190 Fort Madison Ph. 319-372-3405 Fax 319-372-7033
Email: Taxes email@example.com
Motor Vehicle firstname.lastname@example.org
Driver’s License email@example.com
Vehicle Registration on line-you can retrieve your pin number from your renewal notice
Property Taxes-on line payments-will need receipt number from tax statement or payments may be mailed. If you are using drop box, make sure tax money is in an envelope and sealed.
Driver’s License-online www.iowa.dot.gov
- Assessor’s Office: PO Box 160 Keokuk Ph. 319-524-1375 or 319-372-6302 Fax 319-524-1544
Business can be conducted by phone, fax, email or mail
- Recorder’s Office, P.O. Box 190, Fort Madison Ph. 319-376-1070 Fax 319-372-7033
For certified vital record requests for births, deaths or marriages, access the Recorder’s page on www.leecounty.org for instructions and forms.
Boat renewals can be done by mail. You would need to call the Recorder’s office to confirm the correct amount due and then mail your check or money order to the office.
ATV/ORV renewals can be done online at https://gooutdoorsiowa.com/. You can also call the Recorder’s office to confirm the correct amount due and then mail your check or money order to the office.
For new boat, ATV/ORV registrations you will need to call the Recorder’s office at the number provided.
All searches for land records will be limited to online documents 2002 forward at iowalandrecords.org.
There will be no access for genealogy or vital record searches until further notice.
Documents for recording will need to be submitted by mail or through e-submission. Please call the office if you have recording questions or to obtain the appropriate amount of fees and formatting standards.
For all other questions please call the Fort Madison office at 319-376-1070.
- Secondary Roads: PO Box 158 Fort Madison Ph. 319-372-2541 Fax 319-372-8198
To report Secondary Roads issues call 319-372-2541, if no answer call LeeComm 319-372-1152
Information and permit forms will be available at the County Engineer’s Office via the entryway at the southwest entrance to the North Lee County Office Building
- E911 Addressing will be available. Information is available on the website.
Application forms can be downloaded from the website. If you are not able to download a form, call 319-376-1075 to request one be mailed to you.
Completed forms and payment should be mailed to PO Box 190 Fort Madison
- Conservation 2652 Hwy 61 Montrose Ph. 319-463-7673 Fax 319-463-5013
Cabins will be closed for 4 weeks. Campgrounds will open as planned unless directed by Health Professionals. If a reservation cannot be upheld, park patrons will receive a full refund. Restroom facilities may be limited, so park visitors are encouraged to plan accordingly.
All County led educational public programs have been cancelled for the rest of the month. For the most up to date information, follow Lee County Conservation on Facebook.
- Lee County Community Services will continue to be available to the public via phone: 319-524-1052, fax- 319-526-8564, email firstname.lastname@example.org , or mail- Lee County Community Services PO Box 937 Keokuk, IA 52632. Representative Payee Services, General Assistance, and Mental Health and Disability Services will continue to be operational via these indirect means of access to assist the public.